- The kid turned 3. We had a party in the park around the corner, which basically involved turning up and putting on some picnic food, and not doing much supervising of the kids on the play equipment. (That's what friends are for.) It was a gorgeous day, and we were there for four hours and everybody came, and the kid got one thousand cool presents and people were completely dazzled by the rabbit cake even though I actually thought it looked a bit crap.
|White Rabbit, immortalised in cake|
- My dad left my parents' car running with the keys in the ignition for the whole time they were at the picnic. Good thing nobody nicked it. Shame about the part where my dad is losing his mind.
- I have gone back to running. For realz. Proper training twice a week, and a regime that includes another run squeezed in on Mondays and creeping out of the house before six for yoga on Tuesday mornings. Registered for the Great Ocean Road 14 km in May. That is one mountainous son of a bitch. I think I can.
- My pelvic floor is not entirely in agreement.
- I am going to the UK in, erm, four weeks' time. Work have locked in the Book Fair bizzo, London accommodation is sorted, Paris for my birthday shaping up to be a riotous affair with a pack of school friends, culminating in another school friend's wedding in Poole over Easter. Mama does Europe, sans family. I am going to miss them terribly and also cannot freaking wait.
- The part where A and I were going to hang out in Florence might not happen. There may be a little more solo time than I am really prepared for. Probably it will be good for me. There's also a small chance it won't.
- We almost, almost bought a house. Almost. But then we didn't. Lordy, it was close. (Actually, The Boy did the almost-buying part. I was with the kid at another 3rd birthday party that involved a jumping castle in the back yard and a spectacularly great roving ballon artist.)
- Glad our chilled out soiree came before that one.
- I really, really like where we live. I like walking the kid to childcare. I like the people in our building. I like that the coffee guy waves to the kid as we go past, and that The Boy and the kid rides their bikes around the neighbourhood together.
- Pretty sure we're not going to be here pretty soon. I'm also not sure that three days a week at childcare is a great situation for the kid.
- We cut down the ugly trees out the front of the farm house in order to make room for the 'orchard' (one pear, one apple) that I have been pining for forever. (Finally spurred on by my parents' decision to get rid of their deep freeze, where the kid's placenta has been stored for the last three years. Get in the ground, weird frozen organ!)
- We are looking into bees. The native ones without stings can't cope south of Byron.
- The kid is pretty into 'Singing in the rain', even when the sun is shining.
- The sun shines an awful lot these days!
- An American friend who moved back home realised her Qantas frequent flyer points were about to expire and couldn't get anything posted to an address outside of Australia, so she sent the kid a lego fire station that took The Boy two hours to build and is totally brilliant.
|This is not the half of it.|
- My enormous cyst has not resolved itself, and is now filled with something other than fluid. Back to the gynaecologist's tomorrow.
- I think... I'm pretty sure... I'm almost certain that we are going to be a one-child family.
- I think I'm pretty sure I'm fine with that.