- I think the kid reads the blog and has some sort of twisted vendetta. After saying how well he sleeps, he has woken up somewhere between 3 and 5 am every morning this week. What. The. I know, I know, this is normal for lots of people. But it wasn't normal for us. It better not become so. I'm blaming the three teeth that are on their way down. Or the weather. Or Jupiter. Or something. I must buy the girls upstairs some earplugs. And some gin.
- Little goatling has cut her eye on a blackberry bush or some such, so we spent Saturday night - in a raging thunderstorm including the loudest cracks of thunder I have ever heard and the most eery golden light - bathing her face in lukewarm tea while the kid, ironically, slept through enough tin-roofed noise to wake the dead. Thank you, 24-hour emergency vet. Apparently the antioxidants did the trick, at least as far as the weekend. It looked much better on Sunday morning, and The Boy went up after school on Monday with a shot of penicillin to give her, so hopefully she'll still be up and bouncing around when we get there this evening. Her name may be Blind Bessie.
- The new paint in the bathroom took all of 24 hours to start peeling again, so we've had two more visits from the landlord necessitating last-minute kitten-hiding. And more to come. Compared to the festering wreck it was before the paint job, it actually looks much better. But if I'd paid for it I'd be wanting it re-done too.
- We are going to Tasmania in January. tripadvisor is my new best friend.
- The kid wakes. More, or something else, soon.